Pages

Saturday, July 3, 2010

We Made it to Dominican!

Here is a quick update on things:


We had 11 hours in the air, a five hour lay-over and about 30 min. ride to the YWAM base here. We are still recovering from jet-lag. =] We like the food here better than the food on the base! haha. =] It's good! We only have designated days to get on the internet, it's a rule on the base. Being photographers, we have only been allowed to take pictures, and have only 2 photographers for the whole group. It is for safety purposes. It is hard because it's our passion and we see all these awesome things we want to take pictures of, but the Lord knows our hearts, and He also knows the best for us.


=] The driving here is very adventurous! I love it! People don't use the lines and you feel as if you are going to crash but then right before you hit the car, the driver puts the breaks on! haha. =P There are always people selling things on the street. For expamle, they sell cold water, snacks (like wafers), cell phone chargers, newspapers, sunglasses, and more! =] With the driving, comes the honking, haha, I still do not know why they honk? haha =]

This has been awesome so far. We will be leaving for Haiti on thursday or friday depending on whether we find a ride or need to rent a car.


Today we went to a leprosy colony. Most of them were in their old age. Many of them did not have all their limbs. We went to encourage them. We played and sang 2 songs for them, shared 2 of our testimonies, and shared a teaching on "Hearing the Voice of God". They said they enjoyed it very much.
This is Julita:
There were a few people who touched my heart. One was Julita, she didn't talk very much, but for some reason my heart went out to her, so I tried to communicate with a translator. There was another lady, 75 years old, I cannot remember her name at the moment, but she was so joyful and the only one really to show her excitement towards us. She loved to dance and sing. Jorn would play the ukelele and we sang to her how beautiful she is and she would join in and add-lib to the song. It was awesome!


Yesterday we went to help a church feed the homeless. I went with Hannah to help in the kitchen as the others went and invited people to come. We made beans, rice, salad (I tried a piece, it was very good!), and fried meatballs! It was so hot in that kitchen, frying the food, I would not stop sweating. As I stepped outside, there was a temperature difference, and I thought it was cool outside! =P phew I enjoyed it soo much! I bonded with a girl named Yesther. She was about 14 if I can remember correctly and these people were just so sweet to us.


We will be going back to both of these places to help again when we get back from 6 weeks in Haiti. I can't wait to get some pictures, stories of hope, and testimonies of what the Lord keeps doing!


Please keep praying for us! Love you all, Elizabeth

3 comments:

  1. THIS IS GREAT SUG! I LOVE YOU! WE'RE ALL PRAYING!

    MISS YOU. So awesome to hear about the simple beauties God is doing around you. :) helps us look for them here. You're ministry is right where God has you---no matter where that is. :) I LOVE YOU and am so honored to be your sissy. Muah! Can't wait to kissy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so proud of you...living God's dream for YOU! There is so much joy in your writing, I know you are such a shining joy to be around and blessing many people. Our family continues to lift you up! Love from all us Kellys:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't forgotten you Elizabeth Loebs! I'm not a HUGE facebook user...I observe and read more than I write. SO MANY of you on wonderful missions for the Lord! I am overwhelmed and blessed to know all of you! May God Bless you and protect you on this awesome journey of love and service for Christ. I will be praying for all of you! Love, Kathy B

    ReplyDelete