Pages

Friday, July 9, 2010

Country of Hope

7/9/10

We arrived to Port-au-Prince, Haiti yesterday. It was about an 8 hour drive. We left around 4am thursday morning! So almost everyone slept the whole way, even our driver....the WHOLE ride he was bobbing his head, and his eyes would close every other second. Thank the Lord for HIS protection! Wow, and all the prayers from you guys! I think the worst part of that is that our driver had to go all the way back to Santo Domingo that same day.



My team and I were praying most of the way there, if not all the way. Crossing the border was crazy. Cars, food, tables, chairs, more cars, mopeds, food, drinks, traffic, police men, and on...
They didn't even end up checking our passsports, but we had a few people we had to give money to in order to cross the border. The Lord's favor was on us the wholeeee way! We ended at Petterson's house, it was beautiful inside and outside. Nothing that I expected to see. Petterson is head over this Port-au-Prince base. When we got to his house, he just told us an introduction. He mentioned God spoke to him in Nehemiah, just how God spoke to me to come here for outreach. =] It was just a little whisper of God's voice, reassuring me that He has plans for me in Haiti. We relaxed at Petterson's house for a while in the air conditioned room. After a bit, we packed our bags on the truck and a few ended up riding in the bed of the truck with the luggage and the rest in the van. We arrived at New Life's Children Home, where our home will be for the next three weeks! =]

We set up our 3 tents. Boys on one side, girls on the other with huge white cover's for our luggage and stuff. The weather is not as humid as Dominican Republic was. It actually gets a little cooler at night here, which is nice. The orphans are sooo fun. Right away they loved our company. Some of them, it takes a bit of time to get comfortable, but I'm sure by the end of three weeks they won't want us leaving. There are two babies--John, and Kevin. They are beautiful. There are many orphans in wheelchairs, and a lot with medical problems. Half of the orphans are from the earthquake. There are about 120 in all. We have free range into the orphanage at anytime except bedtimes. It is so nice to have the freedom we have. I love to be able to actual have real relationships with them.

7/10/10

One of the most touching moments for me was their night worship. They were watching and singing with all their hearts to a Michael W. Smith (live) DVD! I haven't felt the Holy Spirit like that since before we were in Dominican Republic. Overall, this is a very humbling experience. I'm always asking myself, if I was in their place what would I want from a visitor. I try to live out the command "do unto others as you would have them do unto you".

My team and I will be teaching this week to tent cities. I'm excited to see lives changed. We will be teaching on the "Father Heart of God", "Hearing the Voice of God", "Prayer and Bible", "Holy Spirit", "Relationships, "Obeying God's voice", "Intimacy with Christ" and more. I am teaching on "Prayer and Bible" with Jorn. My goal is to bring them to realization of how important Prayer and Bible is to your daily walk with the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment