Pages

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Random Stories of the first arrival

Story #1:

We went on a prayer walk on Saturday. On our way to our destinations we got into a car wreck. Our car kept giving out and the gears wouldn't change. We were headed up a hill with 18+ people added onto our team of 11 people. The car gave out and we started rolling back and before you know it we hit the car behind us. A policeman came up to the driver, I'm not sure exactly what happened but we never saw him again after we prayed and declared "Lord, help us get up this hill!"

The hospital in Port-au-Prince was pretty intense. One of my team members saw a baby be covered and taken away. In that moment, a life just ended. There were many families there. It looked like a lot of single mothers with month old babies. We got to pray with them, and allowed the Holy Spirit to lead us on what else to do. We didn't have a translator for everyone so it was a bit difficult to make a good connection with a person.

Story #2:

There was a tarantula outside of the main house here. Someone killed it with a rock. =P

Story #3:

Here in the orphanage there are a couple girls that capture my heart. One is Isabella. I'm not sure what problem she has but she is very stiff and has to be in a wheelchair or laying down. Every single time you smile and say something to her she grins the biggest smile of joy and doesn't allow it to fade very easily. I wanted to hang out with her yesterday so I rolled her around for a bit and sang to her. Than when I took her back I wanted her to be able to swing, so I picked up her stiff body and brought her over to the swings and we swung for a bit. She loved it! I get so much joy out of bringing them happiness! I'm so glad we don't have regulations on hanging out with them!

Talking about it makes me want to go check on her, I haven't seen her today yet! =] Catcha Later! =]

No comments:

Post a Comment