Pages

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Is That Really You, GOD?



"Is That Really You, GOD?" Is an awesome book written by Loren Cunningham. This book has taught me a lot about hearing the voice of God. Day by day I want to hear my Savior's voice. I know He is speaking to me, its just a matter of me having my ears open. A few things I want to take out of the reading includes: the wise men principle, the trial ministry and the ability to focus on the whisper of the Lord's voice.


The wise men principle is when a group of people come to pray about a specific thing, and the Lord reveals to each of them the same thing, or something to do with it, than the Lord confirms things, and is a neat way of hearing God's voice.
The trial ministry was taken from Jesus being in the desert for 40 days. After that time, Jesus' ministry burst into scene. I feel its the same with us. We may go through trials and testing, but afterwards the Lord's ministry is increased.
There were many tips about the ability to focus hearing God's voice. I think it comes with practice. You first of all, have to know your Lord, and know His heart. The more you hear what He has written the more you can see who He is.
One thing that amazed me was the vision that the Lord gave Loren, and the obedience Loren had, I am thankful for. This is my dream, and for many others to have a wide variety of missions and doing what you love for the Lord. Praise God for answering the desire's of our heart! Thank you God also for connecting the body together for your glory through all generations!

I suggest this book to anyone wanting to hear God's voice more clearly, or wanting to see the Lord more.

1 comment:

  1. Very good!!
    I am so proud of you!!
    -Jessica

    ReplyDelete