Pages

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Crazystory

=] Well last night before I went to bed the right side of my cheek and wisdom teeth did not feel too good. As some of you know, I got my wisdom teeth out 3 weeks ago, before I came to Hawaii for DTS. =] God is totally transforming my heart, and my mind. Today was a struggle. I woke up around 1:30 and couldn't go to sleep because of the pain. I am running off of about 3 hours asleep so forgive me if this doesn't make sense. haha. =] The Lord is always good. Well I ended up having to go to the oral surgeon just a few minutes away. Praise the Lord, someone is so close! I ended up having an infection. Oh wait, I forgot to tell you, my right cheek is looking like i am either playing the game chubby bunny, or have a golfball in my cheek. =] Well, as the day went on I went to class at 8 and found out I am able to make an appointment at 12. Praise the Lord! =] So, as the day went on, emotional, physical, and spiritual trials came along. Since I have lack of sleep, it did not help. Anyways, I wanted to praise the Lord. He is my hiding place, my safe refuge, the ULTIMATE healer. =] I started worrying a lot, because as the day went on my cheeks were getting bigger and bigger. "I lift my eyes to the hills--where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth. He will not let your foot slip--he who watches over you will not slumber... the Lord will keep you from all harm--he will watch over your life. The Lord will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore." Psalm 121
Well, I ended up having stitches and basically surgery because of the infection, my cheeks and gums were so inlammed they had so separate them from my jaw. As I sat there just bawling my eyes out, I know the only person I can turn to is my Lord. God is sooo good! He will never leave you or forsake you. This DTS is challenging my whole life before me. How I can become more as one with my Savior. Lord, I will praise you, for your love is BETTER THAN LIFE!!! JESUS!!!
I know these are the times to persevere and overcome the evil and stand firm in the Lord. These are the times when I need the sword (the word) to fight with! Thank you for reading this! Please pray for my appointment tomorrow to make sure the infection is getting better! I would love to pray for you all, so send prayer request!!!

3 comments:

  1. What a terrible thing to happen, and so far from home. I'm grateful you were able to see an oral surgeon so quickly. I can't imagine how much pain you must have been in. Praying for healing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH, elizabeth!!! i'm praying for you sweetheart! i know you will heal faster than you can even think possible. i'm so sorry you were in that kind of pain, but it sounds like you could have at least done some sort of comedic photo shoot (playing bunny cheeks or something... hahaha)!!!
    I LOVE YOU SO MUCH. and i'm so happy you are having a good time (aside from this little mishap). AWESOME photos, btw. you are so talented.
    praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhwwww Eliz... started praying for you as soon as Care texted me... God is so faithful and has YOU in the palm of His all powerful hands. He WILL heal you! LOVE YOU SO MUCH and so proud of Jesus in you. I TOLD YOU the Son would be brighter in Hawaii because you are there;)

    ReplyDelete