Pages

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

7/13/10 was a wonderful day!

The day started off with breakfast duty at 6am! =] Cleaning, and prep for breakfast. After eating a huge bowl of frosted flakes, and making 2 peices of toast, Walter (our great cook) came in with a lovely surprise...CINNIMON ROLLS, not just cinnimon rolls, but HOMEMADE cinnimon ROLLS! After clean up around 8am, I headed off to a prayer meeting for eyes of hope, getting the vision of God for this idea of God's. We will be praying daily for all God's plans for "eyes of hope"! Around 9:15 we headed off to the tent city! =]

Emily Rice taught on the Father Heart of God and did an amazing job! It was so personal and relational. Dani, Emily and I did a few songs of worship. I think it'd be awesome to learn some Creole worship for them, so they can understand the words. The girls loved to play hand games!

We got back for lunch, chicken, beef, or PB&J sandwiches. Then an hour after, 2pm work around the base. I ended up being on the group that loaded the truck with wood and a bunch load of metal poles. Phew we were showering in our sweat. I loved it, I love working outside like that, it reminded me of past mission trips I used to go on in high school with the youth group. We headed off to unload at a church. When we got there no one had the keys so we were going to head back unload ALL we loaded and than re-load it tomorrow. Well, we waited and a man came up, and J asked him if he had keys (while we were praying) and thank God, he had them! So we started unloading, and after unloading about half it started to rain! It was such a nice cool off gift from the Lord! Today was the first real rain since we have been here! On the way back to the base I had my first ride in the back of the truck. In case you don't know, the driving here is crazy, my parents prob. would have gone a bit crazy, but it was great! I love being adventurous and out of the box!

We got back, and I missed the children because I didn't get to see them all day yet. It's like I'm missing something if I don't go visit and play with them everyday! Well I walked to the hallway and saw the boy, I cant remeber his name since there is 120 of them, I'm working on it. Anyways, he is in a wheelchair and can walk, only if he's holding someone's hand. There is nothing better than blessing someone and unexpectedly being blessed back. That is the Lord for ya!! This little boy was so happy to get up, he started bopping his body, later I realized he was trying to jump! =] It was so great to see that unfading joy!

A bit after hanging out with the kids, I started doing my laundry and 2 orphans, Jefferson and John came up and wanted to do our laundry. We weren't doing it right...haha...they saw our laundry on the line and said bad, there was still dirt on it. Boy, they ended up doing Emily AND my laundry! It was bright clean. I tried doing it with them, and they laughed because I didn't know how to perfectly do it the way they do! =P haha

The night ended with AMAZING Holy Spirit filled worship. We did "He Loves Us", "Sing of your love forever", "Open the eyes of my heart", and so many good songs! Hearing all the children sing is an experience of faith and hope right in front of you. It's funny though because the young children fall asleep, no matter how loud it is! So cute!

=] Alrighti, ending this night with a nice shower to clean off all the dirt from today!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the updates. I love watching you walk and grow with God. It's a truly beautiful thing. It's a lovely journey He's on with you right now, and your writing gives us a bird's eye view:) I'm praying for you... for peace, contentment, perseverance, security, safety, and overwhelming Jesus-filled joy! Love you little one... *hugs* Love, Ver

    ReplyDelete