Pages

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Glory of the Lord

But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as from the Lord, the Spirit. (2 Corinthians 3:18 NASB)

This amazes me. That we, who are in Christ, may reflect our Creator. Yet, were made for that VERY purpose...to reflect.

I think back to the story in Exodus 33 when Moses asks the Lord to show His glory. The Lord responded "you cannot see my face, for no one may see me and live". Then the Lord said, "There is a place near me where you may stand on a rock. When my glory passes by, I will put you in a cleft in the rock and cover you with my hand until I have passed by. Then I will remove my hand and you will see my back; by my face must not be seen." (v. 21-23)

Now years later when Jesus walked the Earth, after He died and rose again, He left us promising the Holy Spirit. Paul writes about the Glory of the New Covenant in 2 Corinthians chapter 3. WOOOHOOO! Now, we don't have to be like Moses having to put a veil over our faces to cover the glory of the Lord. We are being transformed by the Lord, who is the Spirit, into His likeness with ever increasing glory!! ahhhh! Blows me away. I am in love. He chooses us.

Here are some of my favorite songs right now. I encourage you to worship in His glorious presence!

  • "I'm in Love With You" by Klaus ft. Kari Jobe
  • "One Thirst" by Bethel & Jeremy Riddle
  • "Love Came Down" by Brian Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment