Pages

Friday, July 22, 2011

"Under the Bridge" all day

Today was a weary day. This day broke my heart. My emotions are truly getting to the core of me, and its coming out. What is on the inside, will surely come out eventually. Today I met a women named Converna. She was so wonderful to meet. She was in her right mind and we actually had a conversation that made sense. She asked me questions, getting to know me, and I did the same back. We went this morning to walk the streets and invite those to lunch at 1:30. After lunch was served at the Dream Center, we went back to where we were at the VOA. I was able to share the story of Jonah with a fellow I met named Tony. Than I played chess with the "Champion"/ "Famous Chess Player", RJ. He taught me some strategies and yes, he won both times. It was very fun. Later on, after finishing our games, Amber and I were talking with him and found out he was shot 2 times in the stomach last week. He showed us, all bandaged up and it really opened my eyes to how the streets are. You can not predict much. I could not even imagine what goes on out there as I lay my head down in a nice, comfortable bed to sleep...

So right now I'm broken for the people of this city. They are God's people, God's children. I cannot imagine what is happening as I'm typing this. I just praise God for those survivors we touch, talk to, pray for, and the ones that see God in what we do.

7/20/11

No comments:

Post a Comment