Pages

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Reflections of Haiti

In Haiti I think the hardest experience was loving my team no matter what. It's hard to love your neighbor as yourself and look to the interests of others. It's difficult to put others before yourself and do as you would have people do to you. It IS possible though or we would not be asked to do it. We are capable of it, through God's strength and fruits. One thing I love about Haiti is the servanthood. Everytime we would go to the brothel the women would give up their seats right away to welcome us and to honor us. In Haiti they do not sit on the floor. It is very dirty to them and no one would ever ask you to sit on the ground. The women at the brothel ended up giving us pictures of them, we definately built a love friendship with them. We actually hung out with prostitutes and shared the love of God and spoke it when possible. When we left the last day Judith, one of my favorite ladies, came and sat with us on the street to wait for our ride, EVEN though it's totally against her culture. Some of the last days we were in St. Marc YWAM was hosting a week long crusade. It was AWESOME. Thousands of Haitians coming to praise the Lord! I had 3 boys who hung out with me and played with me the first night. The second night they ran up to me and found me in the huge crowd! Inexpressible joy filled my heart as they ran with HUGE smiles and grabbed my hand. I pulled them close and hugged them to show them I love them too. We even got up during one worship song and with dozens of Hatians ran around the auditorium dancing and singing to the Lord. When we sat back down I was sweating bullets and the boys used their hands to wipe off the sweat running down my face with concerned looks on their faces because everytime they would wipe drops off more would come back on. haha. It was hot! I loved that when you told someone "God bless you" they would respond with "God bless YOU!" In America that prob. would not happen. It crazy how God is known to be their provider, it's written all over the streets, on bus', store's and wall's. Merci Jezi (Mercy Jesus) was written all over too. I really enjoyed the humor and joyful hearts of the people. They always have huge smiles on their faces, the one's who know the Lord.

Now in Dominican I will be writing about the new things God is doing. Soon =]

No comments:

Post a Comment