Pages

Saturday, July 31, 2010

St. Marc!

I am sooo excited to be here. St. Marc is different from Port-au-Prince in many ways. Here it is more GREEN, mountanous, and more of a suburb enviornment. Yesterday we arrived here in the morning after a bittersweet goodbye at the orphanage/Port-au-Prince base. We took a big air conditioned bus, that was nice, but the ride was crazy bumpy like usual, with beeping every 5 minutes ahaha. I'm still not completely sure what the meaning of them beeping at eachother is, other than "GET OUT OF THE WAY!".

So when we arrived here, I was soo thankful to be here. The base is much more established being founded 10 or more years ago. It has a lot of open area, a pool, a huge cafeteria area, and more. Tomorrow is church, I'm excited to see how they do church. Anyways, when we got here we did a scavenger hunt and got to walk around by ourselves in groups. THAT WAS SOO NICE! We have been locked up on base all outreach after the outreach times. So once we did ministry in the morning and afternoon we weren't able to go out and interact with the people just doing life. Being here we have freedom to go DO life with people! I'm so excited. I want to make the most of every opportunity.

The Lord is revealing Himself to me recently in a way that is bringing me back to the basics. Following Christ is not hard, it's easy but we make it difficult. He is revealing His pure character to me, and that leads to me finding myself and my character in Him. Humility is something that was on my heart yesterday, you truly have to humble yourself to fear the Lord. These are all words and words cannot describe what my heart is doing. As I write these words, I can see they don't describe anything haha that the Lord is revealing to me. I still want to tell you about it because I believe it is something we miss everyday. To lay down ourselves. To allow the Lord to restore us, heal us, change us, to become more like Him. His righteousness is freely given to us, but we have to lay all our rights down. Oh, I wish I could describe what He is doing. It's something great. =] Maybe I can find better words later, or maybe the Lord just wants it to be left as unknown so He can personally reveal it to you in your heart.


<3

No comments:

Post a Comment