Pages

Monday, July 26, 2010

Power of the invitation and dependence on the Lord!

This morning I had the crappiest morning. I was not feeling well, still being sick. I was getting discouraged and unhappy that it is not going away. Yet, our team met for prayer time before we left for ministry. We split up into groups and prayed for one another and did some encouraging. That was awesome. Emily Williamson prayed and we had great fellowship with the Lord.



Still not feeling 100% better, we left for ministry, and arrived not longer than 10 min. later to tent city--Cite Soliel. This is prob. my favorite tent city. When we arrived I was out of it, not very happy, asking the Lord for His joy and for HIM. Steve and Christine set up the speaker and microphone and turned on worship music, in English! It was great to bring the Spirit of the Lord there first thing. He played "Freedom is Here" by Hillsong and a lot of Chris Tomlin. I totally received the joy of the Lord as my strength and starting dancing with a little girl, she was soo happy. I know it was the Lord because there was no part in me that wanted to move and ohhh it was soo fun to dance to the Lord, laugh, and have true joy in my heart. I felt like no one was around accept us three...The Lord, the beautiful Haitian girl, and myself.



I didn't want to leave, but teaching started and the little girl wouldn't let go. I had to take her somewhere and say I'll be back, not even knowing if she understood. There were MANY adults today, I would say about 50 and more continued to come as the teaching went on. About 6 accepted the Lord as their Savior. We had a lot of prayer for healing. We haven't seen anything present but we don't see what the Lord is doing in between or inside. We went to a gas station for lunch to eat our M.R.E.'s. I got a chocolate energy bar, and peanut M&M's in mine today! =D yayyy Jesus! A little gift of chocolate! haha. Anyways, we headed back to the tent City and hung out for an hour. We got a tour and saw the crops that they are trying to grow and got to see the back of the tent city. That is the poorest part of the tent city. After the tour, we were hanging out with the kids and a teenager came up to me asking to receive Jesus. I was shocked because I thought he was asking for a picture and the translator corrected me quickly, haha! His name was Samuel, he was 17 years old and understood in his heart what he was doing to accept the Lord. We led Samuel in a prayer and than asked him if he wanted to be baptized, smiling he said "Wii!"

So we took the bottled water we had and sprinked handfulls in the name of the Father, Son and the Holy Spirit!



Little did we know, a 18 year old boy Sonny, was watching and wanted to accept the Lord also! We told Samuel that he has the Lord inside of Him and now can lead others to Christ, by His power alone. So, Samuel led Sonny in a prayer and than baptized him with the bottled water! That was soooo soo cool! Just to see disciples baptizing disciples, just like we were taught in lecture phase, one of the last teachings on Church Building! This is awesome to be a part of! My day totally got turned around by the Lord! Thank you Jesus!



When we fix our eyes on His Kingdom, all else truly fades away. When we take ourselves off focus and look to the Lord, there the Kingdom will come!

No comments:

Post a Comment